quiet ramblings

the quiet ramblings of a construction worker: It's mayhem...

Sunday, June 26

It's mayhem...

Sometimes people ask me if all this fame coming from quiet-ramblings.com has gone to my head.  I think by now we all know that sugar coating and beating around the bush isn't really my style.  So I look said fans and/or jealous counter parts right in the face and reply, "absolutely".  Then I show them a map that plots the locations of my global followers and I say, "smoke this".


I can't help it that I was genetically reconfigured with ninja DNA.  Did I choose to be a lab rat for the CIA the day after I was circumcised?  OK, you got me, I probably did.  I was laying there while the doc did his deed with no analgesics, gazing across the nursery at all the other crying babies.  So I didn't see what all the fuss was about.  Apparently the CIA was recruiting that day (I can't be sure the details still remain fuzzy to this day, plus after every briefing the
Central Intelligence Agency SealImage by DonkeyHotey via Flickragents would say, "this never happened,"  to which I had to reply, "what never happened,")  It was all very covert.  Surely sometime around age four I was kidnapped by the secret order of the Shaolin Ninja Dynasty somewhere in Japan, at which point I retrained aging ninjas.  Look that's all I can say, my point is: How could someone judge me for being the bad ass that I am.

Now that we've got all the sponsor mandated self promotion taken care, I'd like to move to a subject of great importance.  Some of you may not be aware, but I want you to know that there is no known immunity to the video/social/computer game epidemic.  Think about it Mr. "I control my own destiny", what were you saying the last time you played Words With Friends.  I bet it was, "Just a couple more rounds than I'm going to bed."  We all know that you were up til 3AM trying to shake the demons.  I bet you're playing right now.  When you finally put your foot down and called it a night, Was the sun up?  Did you have enough time to empty a bladder that you've been ignoring for hours?  If you're fortunate to be sober, I warn you, do not jump on the next gaming wagon.  It could be your last.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what your thinking...