quiet ramblings

the quiet ramblings of a construction worker: To infinity...

Thursday, April 7

To infinity...

Dear Humble Followers,

Oh how you've grown in numbers!  Your support has inspired me.  

My dream of becoming a novelist is underway.  When I say novelist I'm talking famous, I'm talking one book all or nothing.  That's why I'm fine tuning my skills.  Because I don't want to produce that Stephen King thriller crap.  Oh no... one of those paperbacks could barely pay off his yacht.  What I need is something that will integrate every genre into one sensation.  It will rip out the hearts of the young and old, while simultaneously falling to their knees in laughter.  Families will reunite, and world peace will finally be measurable.  People will travel miles to hear a book reading and to get my autograph.  They'll buy hundreds of books and spread them around their house, just to feel the presence of greatness.

And that's the key, sell a googol of books.  Why such high hopes?  So that I can ride that baby all the way to retirement.  Because if there is one thing I've learned about being sick the past few days, it's that there is nothing more satisfying than dominating the TV remote.

So thank you for reading and please don't steal my idea.  Maybe one day we can all come up with creative ways to avoid work.  I'm sure it will lead to an eventual takeover by machines, but they can have it.  World domination is exhausting...

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what your thinking...