quiet ramblings

the quiet ramblings of a construction worker: Google vs. Googol...

Tuesday, January 25

Google vs. Googol...

For those of you who have been following me since the beginning, you may have notice a slight error in my blog title.  In all haste to share the news, to many eagerly awaiting friends, that I now have a platform to release the voices in my head, I misspelled the word worker.  It looked like this: woker.  I've since changed it.

As I was pondering in the shower (sorry for getting everyone excited, but that's when I'm alone with the voices) I remembered something...

Let me take you back in time to the year 1997, when 2 young geniuses much like myself (once again we're comparing the level of my Ninja skills the their computer programming skills, basically apples to apples) wanted to download the entire internet onto their computer.  What they did was develop the most amazing search engine ever, followed by a corporate structure allowing a game plan for world domination.  Who do I speak of you ask?  Oh nobody just Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the founders of Google.

My point is, after they devised this genius solution, they needed a name.  They wrote on their white board Google.  Why is this relevant?  Because some chick, who happened to know how to spell better, came into there office and crossed out their new title.  Next to it she wrote- it's spelled googol.

Do you follow the parallel?

Would I say I'm off to the same start as Google?  Yes, of course.

Let me paint a picture:

1 Million - The number 1 followed by 6 zeros

$30 Billion - Net worth of Larry Page and Sergey Brin

1 Googol - The number 1 followed by 100 zeros

Google - An empire devoted to efficiency and world domination

The only question that remains is who will be the first Googolianaire, them or me? (insert evil laugh now)

think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what your thinking...