quiet ramblings

the quiet ramblings of a construction worker: Rolling up my sleeves...

Thursday, January 20

Rolling up my sleeves...

Am I a genius or just a shameful intelect?  If you know me personally, hold you tongue.  If you ever had a chance to read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, send me a comprehensive report.  I haven't read it yet, but I can only imagine it is amazing, as I've read several of his articles at gladwell dot com and also The Tipping Point and my favorite Blink.  This guy is one clever es oh bee.  He is an amazing writer and his research will blow your mind.  He has the ability to give you unthinkable views about his topic at hand. 

So why did I go on that long seemingly unnecessary tangent?  Aside from that fact that it makes my post longer, there's something we can learn from Outliers.  (Don't make me explain again why I might know something about a book that I've yet to read.)  The book is about how successful people, become successful people.  The word Outliers refers to the factors that have paved the road to their success.  This would be family and friends who've supported our modern heroes and hollywood freaks, he also (I think, again I haven't read it so correct me if I'm wrong) talks about situations of chance and luck, plus other oppurtunities that complete this road to fame. 

Why all this talk?  So that one day in an interview Stephen Colbert can ask (uuummmhh) let's say Malcolm Galdwell?- "So Malcolm, tell me about The Quiet Ramblings of a Construction Worker blog, great blog or greatest blog ever?"

Till then I hope that articles like 5 bolgs that make me laugh contine to write about me.  Let's just say I know the author.

Thank you all, who've been supporting me in my ramblings and not making a big fuss about the fact that I'm not a true construction worker, I am in the industry.  I appreciate all the visits and hope that this will be a place where the bruised and beaten can find shelter, squirt some tears, have a good laugh, and of course learn from my massive pools of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, tell me what your thinking...